Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Stadoerfla Station


I checked Brickshelf for the first time since last fall (school has been voraciously gobbling up my time since) and what did I find on the front page but this wonderful, SNOT-crazy Stadoerfla Station!

The first thing that I noticed was the slanted timbers, created with tiles and 75 degree slopes. Nifty, huh? Also notice the SNOT doors, corners, and other decorations (such as the ones around the window) in the same picture; and check out the roof support and edge created with brown hinges. How did they attach the slanted beam to the wall?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My guess is that they don't connect at all. May be upside down "mini-slope" pieces (those new 1x1 fellas)

Anonymous said...

Never mind.. I see now.

Simple 1x2 slopes. The bottom of the post sits on the slope of the other ging back into the wall.


Very clever!

Mr. D said...

Wow, why didn't I think of that! :)

Nathan said...

*gasp!*

Dale posted! Glad to have you back! :)

Cool find, too.